Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

So, being the nerd that I am, I recently was watching movie trailers on apple.com and found this one - The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, which is based on a very short story by F. Scott Fitzgerald. It doesn't look like it follows the story very well, but it looks fabulous, nonetheless.
In the story, Benjamin (Brad Pitt!) is born an old man with the knowledge and mannerisms of an old man (ie - asking for a cigar right out of the womb). In the film (as it seems), he is born an old man yet with the mind of a child. So rather than being born an old man with the mind of an old man and dying as an infant with the mind of an infant, the film portrays him as being born an old man with the mental capacity of a child, yet he dies an infant (perhaps?) with the mind of someone who has lived a full life. How many of you have I confused thus far? I confused myself, so probably a great many of you are thinking, "Gabby...what the fu...?" Anyway, I have been doing homework all day (as I'm sure most of you have), so here. Take a little break and enjoy the trailer to this wonderful-looking film. I hope it wins Oscars. That would make my day. And it comes out this Christmas! Hurrah! Yet another reason to avoid staying at my family's house ALL DAY LONG.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/thecuriouscaseofbenjaminbutton/ (There are two trailers - both make it look cinematically stunning...).

No comments: